Terms and Conditions
- Motoreg ltd requires a 30% deposit to secure the sale of a registration. The balance must be
paid in full within five days.
- Once a deposit has been taken, no exchange or refund will be allowed.
- If the transfer fails to take place all monies will be paid back in full.
- Vehicle registration numbers must be correctly displayed. It is an offence to alter, rearrange
or misrepresent the letters and numbers to make words or names. You should not use any fixing
bolts to change any letters or numbers.
- It is the buyer’s responsibility to ensure that all the information is correct.
- It is against the law to make a vehicle look newer than it actually is by changing the
registration, for example by putting a V prefix registration on to an S prefix registration.
- To complete the relevant paper work, we will require your V5 registration document and MOT (if
applicable) and a photocopy of your tax disc. The transfer is carried out by the DVLA who will
issue you with a new V5 logbook bearing the new registration number. That will be evidence that
the transfer has been successful. A new MOT and tax disc will follow.
- Transfer of registrations can take up to 14 weeks although most are considerably quicker. This
can be due to unforeseen circumstances if the registration is not owned by Motoreg. Action by a
third party can slow the transfer down. (i.e. the people who currently have the certificate of
- If we are unable to complete the transfer within 16 weeks of the receipt of cleared funds and
the correct documentation from the purchaser, a full refund of all monies paid to Motoreg can be
- No new registration can be put on to a vehicle until the transfer is fully completed.
- If the seller decides not to sell or the registration number is sold by a 3rd party, you must
notify Motoreg by email or post.
- If the DVLA stop the transfer at no fault of Motoreg. Motoreg will not be held liable for any
cost the buyer has incurred.
- If the DVLA wish to inspect a vehicle, this is done at the owners cost. Motoreg will not be
responsible for any delays.
- The buyer is responsible for payment of the transfer fee.
- The registration mark must be paid for in full before the relevant documents will be sent to the
DVLA to complete the transfer.
- Under The Consumer Rights (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013,
does not apply to a personalised product or service (such as a right to display a particular
vehicle Personalised registration or Personalised number plate). Our services in respect of
supply of Registrations, begins immediately on formation of a contract with you to buy a
Personalised Registration and cannot be cancelled. Please note there is no cooling off period
- The seller must provide an unexpired certificate which can be sent to the DVLA for amendment. If
the registration is on a vehicle it is the sellers responsibility to put this on a retention
certificate at their expense.
We are committed to protect your privacy. We will only use information that we collect about you
lawfully (in accordance with the data protection act 1998). We will collect the following
information from you for the following reasons:
To process your order
- To provide you with the best service possible
- We will not email you in the future unless specified otherwise
- We do not under any circumstances provide your details to any third party
- We will never sell any personal data provided
The Type of information we will collect about you:
- Your name
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit/Debit card details
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information we hold
about you by emailing us at email@example.com. If you find any discrepancy’s
we will either correct or delete these.
Our terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
We want you to be delighted with our service, therefore if you have any problems or issues with
this, please inform us straight away by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will
deal with any complaints immediately to ensure that you get a satisfactory outcome. This would
normally be done within 3 to 5 working days (Monday-Friday, administration hours). In the
unlikely event of a problem not being resolved you can request arbitration in writing from the
secretary at MIRAD, PO Box, 333 Southport, PR9 3GW.